Options in Bastrop County
BCAS HELPERS MULTI-PET SPECIAL!
BCAS Helpers has partnered with the Save An Angel Low-Cost Surgery Clinic to offer a discount for multiple pets being spayed or neutered from the same household. This offer is good until our funds run out.
- Buy one pet’s surgery, get one 50% off
- Buy surgeries for two pets, get one FREE!
For this offer, NO APPLICATION OR QUALIFICATION is required, other than the owner must live within Bastrop County. Just contact Save An Angel to sign up! Their info and pricing are here: https://www.save-an-angel.org/clinic/
BCAS Helpers Spay/Neuter Certificate Program
BCAS Helpers provides a limited number of Certificates to cover the cost of Spay/Neuter surgery for the pets of Bastrop County residents in need.
After reading our rules and guidelines below, you may complete the following form to be considered for a certificate for a subsidized spay or neuter surgery from one of our partners. Another person may complete the form for you as “Applicant”, if they can provide all of your information as “Pet Owner”.
Our ability to provide certificates is limited by our funding. If you qualify, and we do not have sufficient funding to grant you a certificate, we can put you on a waiting list. See the links above for information on where you can get a discounted surgery on your own.
From time to time, we will prioritize applications based on certain criteria, such as:
Pets of low-income essential workers dealing with the public during the coronavirus pandemic (our Giving Tuesday Now campaign for 2020)
Female pets, especially those in heat or pregnant.
Who qualifies for a certificate?
This program is for dogs and cats living in Bastrop County only. Pet owners must be able to provide proof of a Bastrop County address.
It is intended for individuals in financial distress who cannot afford surgery otherwise. For example, individuals on public assistance, low fixed incomes, or with low-paying jobs.
Approved applicants will not receive more than one certificate at a time. Once a certificate is redeemed for surgery, please send a cute photo of your pet (before or after surgery) and the surgery date to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, then you can reapply if you have another pet in need. You will be granting us the right to use your photo in our promotional materials.
We are unable to grant certificates to other organizations, only to individual pet owners.
Pets must weigh at least 2.5 pounds and will be evaluated for surgery risk by the partner organization offering the surgery.
Our process: what to expect
- Bastrop County Animal Shelter Helpers reviews applications every week or two. Please be patient, we are an all-volunteer organization. We will inform the applicant by e-mail whether the application was approved.
- Each surgery certificate recipient selected is asked for a small non-refundable donation to support this program ($15 suggested donation; can be more or less depending on circumstances .This is to show commitment to following through with the surgery. The application form requests the amount you are willing to donate, but only if we contact you to grant a certificate will you be asked to submit the donation.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email from us (check your junk mail, just in case!) and be asked to make an appointment with one of our veterinary services partners. You will need to provide proof of the appointment to us via email before you will receive the certificate.
- If you have difficulty securing an appointment to use your certificate, or cannot schedule yet due to age/health of your pet, please let us know immediately by responding to the initial email you received or contacting us through this website’s Contact form.
- You may make an appointment to have your pet spayed or neutered before receiving approval for a certificate, but there is no guarantee that you will receive a certificate. You will need to pay for the surgery yourself if you do not receive a certificate.
- As required by state law, a current Rabies Certificate for your pet must be shown to the vet before the spay/neuter surgery or your pet will be required to receive this vaccination at the time of surgery.
- Our surgery providers offer other discounted wellness products and services you may want to obtain. Pet owners are responsible for additional costs over and above the cost of the spay/neuter surgery.