In the first 6 months of BCAS Helpers’ existence, we have:
- Provided urgent medical care, diagnostics, and/or surgeries for 10 shelter animals.
- Paid for 3 out-of-state transports to other rescue organizations, who adopted out Bastrop County shelter pets, and helped the shelter reward their local volunteer transporters.
- Purchased a microchip reader, grooming equipment, and food/treats for shelter animals.
- Found homes for several shelter dogs through downtown Bastrop adoption events.
- Executed a trial spay-neuter certificate program for residents in financial need.
Thanks to the generous support of the Nicholas J. Juried Family Foundation and the O’Connor-Hewitt Foundation, we are able to turn our trial Spay-Neuter program into an ongoing program for pets of Bastrop County residents in financial need. See our spay-neuter page for more details.
Thru the funds raised from our GivingTuesdayNOW Initiative we were able to fund 100 spay/neuter certificates to low-income essential employees in Bastrop County beginning May 2020
We have recently begun a new program – Foster Family Care Packages that includes food, litter, bottles etc to individuals that are fostering a litter of puppies or kittens through Bastrop County Animal Shelter.