Bastrop County Animal Shelter Helpers is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
What Drives Us
Working with other animal welfare organizations, to make Bastrop County a community where:
- The Bastrop County Animal Shelter is able to place all healthy and behaviorally-sound animals that are surrendered to them into good homes, or transfer them to other humane organizations;
- The Bastrop County Animal Shelter always has room for the intake of animals needing assistance;
- Animals within the Bastrop County Animal Shelter live with minimal stress during their stay;
- Every dog and cat outside of the Bastrop County Animal Shelter is cared for responsibly.
- Funding what the Bastrop County Animal Shelter cannot for adoptable animals in their care, such as:
- The cost of lifesaving medical diagnostics and veterinary care,
- medical and grooming equipment,
- transportation funds for shelter animals to go to partner rescue organizations,
- food and supplies for animals in foster care,
- upgrades to the living conditions for animals at the shelter, and
- emergency food and cat litter.
- Recognizing exceptional volunteerism on behalf of homeless animals.
- Reducing the number of unwanted animals in Bastrop County, and thus shelter intake through spay/neuter initiatives.
- Promoting adoption of shelter animals.
- Promoting responsible pet ownership in Bastrop County through education and training.
- Animals come first: our priority is animal welfare, and our actions and financial priorities will reflect that.
- Partnership: we will partner with other animal welfare organizations to achieve our goals, and give credit where credit is due.
- Transparency: we will answer any reasonable questions about our organization with honesty and clarity.
- Integrity: we will fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities, adhere to our internal procedures, and work ethically with our partners, donors, and beneficiaries.
Jenni has volunteered with animal welfare organizations for over 20 years, including fostering, adoption counseling, organizing capital projects and events, and feeding baby songbirds. She is also a Crisis Counselor with Crisis Text Line. After retiring from a 33-year career managing information technology across the globe, she now works as a Realtor with Austin Prime Realty. Jenni graduated from the University of Houston with a BBA in Management Information Systems and an MBA with a concentration in Finance
Cordelia has volunteered at the Bastrop County Animal Shelter walking dogs, cleaning the Petco Cat Adoption Habitat, assisting Off-Site Adoption events and fostering. She recently retired from a 35-year career as a Corporate Accountant. She graduated from the University of Houston-Victoria with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Erika, a lover of animals in all shapes and sizes has volunteered with the Bastrop County Animal Shelter for the past five years in a foster capacity. Erika also regularly volunteers for Bastrop Cats TNR Program trapping stray and free-roaming cats for spay and neuter services. She also serves as the Treasurer on her neighborhood’s POA Board, Registrar for the local Youth Soccer Organization and as Secretary for the Capitol Area Youth Soccer Association. Erika graduated from Lamar University in Beaumont, TX with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and provides administration and finance services for a variety of businesses in a variety of industries in the area.
Terry has worked and volunteered with a variety of animals over 30 years. She has held the following positions: Austin Golden Retriever Western Regional Dog Show Chairman, Lost Pines Riding Club Parade Chairman and Secretary of the Bastrop Equine Search and Rescue. In addition to volunteering at Bastrop County Animal Shelter where she walks dogs, instructs volunteer orientation classes, attends adoption events, and organizes dog training classes, she also fosters and trains dogs from the shelter. Currently she is an Elgin I.S.D. substitute teacher, after retiring from a 30-year career in teaching. Terry graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BS in Education and holds certificates in Pre-k/Kindergarten, English as a Second Language and Special Education.